To discuss national and comprehensive urban management tools, contributing to the implementation of inclusive actions which prioritize effective land governance, the predominant role of housing and habitat in interventions at national level. Particular cases in the region, such as Mexico, El Salvador, Argentina and, more recently, Paraguay, will be emphasized, in order to better understand engagement processes carried out and the objectives set for the implementation of national policies and frameworks aligned with global development agendas, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and the New Urban Agenda (NUA).
- Is it necessary for countries to have a national urban policy? What are the benefits? What are the difficulties?
- How to align fragmented housing programs in a national framework in the context of the New Urban Agenda?
- What kind of national frameworks are needed to promote sustainable housing policies?
- What are the national frameworks that make the production and rehabilitation of well-located social housing in the city feasible, thereby recovering their social function?
- How to achieve political consensus aiming at the sustainable implementation of national frameworks, in general, and housing policies associated with them, in particular?
- How to achieve more virtuous relationships between the public and private sectors to achieve an inclusive governance of land, housing, and habitat?
- How to strengthen the ability of implementing national plans at the sub-national level?
- What have been the lessons learned from countries such as Colombia and Brazil?
- Bruno, A. (2016); “Desdoblamientos del Estatuto de la Ciudad en el ámbito federal: la actuación del Ministerio de las Ciudades en política urbana”. En Rossbach, A. (Org.), Estatuto de la Ciudad. La vieja y la nueva agenda urbana. Un análisis de 15 años de
- IMCO, (2014); “¿Quién manda aquí? La gobernanza de las ciudades y el territorio en México”. México: Instituto Mexicano de la Competitividad.
- SNH (2010); “Avances y desafíos de la política nacional de habitación”. Brasil: Secretaria Nacional de Habitación Ministerio de las Ciudades.