What is it?>
The IV Housing and Habitat Forum is the only multi-actor space in the sector in the region that seeks to share, collectively reimagine, and build the new reality of housing and cities. In this event, we will bring together government authorities, international organizations, local governments, academics, entrepreneurs, investors, financiers, civil society, community leaders, and professionals in the sector to share experiences, lessons learned, trends, and challenges on the subject of housing and urban habitats.
Due to the pandemic, the Forum’s fourth edition will be a virtual event from May 17 to 21, 2021.
The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed serious inequities in Latin America and the Caribbean. It has also further impacted the vulnerability and precariousness of settlements and housing in the communities.
Two deep structural crises of lasting impact have occurred – a health crisis and an economic crisis of historic proportions, which has deepened poverty, inequality, unemployment, and informality in the region. Both add to other crises that already existed: migration, climate change, and disasters, as well as political and social instability.
Given this reality, the IV Housing and Habitat Forum aims to generate ideas to overcome the crisis in social housing and vulnerable settlements, both during and after the COVID-19 pandemic, and contribute to economic reactivation and social equity.
USD 50 General Admission
- Access to all Forum content
- Early access to the event platform
- Certificate of participation
- Entry in exclusive drawings from event sponsors
FREE admission* • Early registration
- The first 500 registrants may select free admission which has the same benefits as the general admission.
Thematic blocks per day
A.M.: Opening. Context and impacts of COVID-19
P.M.: Inclusive and effective governance. Housing Laboratories
A.M.: Inclusive and effective governance. Dialogue with authorities
P.M.: Central America and Costa Rica special block. Advances in the face of the crisis and tribute to the 200 years of Central American independence
A.M.: Projects with multi-stakeholder alliances. High-level panel
P.M.: Actions and new housing solutions. Winning practices
A.M.: Healthy, sustainable, and inclusive settlements. Housing Laboratories
P.M.: Green and resilient urban recovery. Dialogue with mayors
A.M.: Actions and new housing solutions. Winning practices. Scaling innovations
P.M.: Financial innovations and economic reactivation. Dialogue with financiers
Benefits of the Virtual Forum >
- Possibility to attend from anywhere in the world.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use platform.
- The Forum will offer: an interactive program, live transmission, booth area, networking, a personalized schedule, meetings, chat, questions and answers, and live polls.
- Content is maintained on the Forum site for later viewing, on-demand, and personalized.
- Possibility for networking 2.0 with artificial intelligence.
- Highly interactive environment.
Keynote Speakers >