Within the framework of the “World Metropolitan Day”, this conversation aims to contribute to the implementation of the 2030 agenda and in particular Sustainable Development Goal 11 “make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable”.Fostering alliances to achieve the objectives (SDG 17) So the discussion’s objective is to explore different patterns’ successes and challenges for metropolitan governance in different territorial contexts in Mexico and other places of Latin America.
- How to encourage concertation, planning and coordination between the different state and non-state actors to move towards participatory and inclusive metropolitan governance modes?
- How to increase actors’ capabilities (e.g. municipalities) with fewer resources and potentials?
- What can be construction phases/processes for metropolitan governance patterns? What formal or informal spaces, and which actors are crucial?
- How can we promote the existing coordination initiatives in the territories (often in terms of public services or mobility) to move towards concertation and metropolitan planning processes?
- How can metropolitan governance patterns contribute to sustainable and climate-resilient urban development? What features would be necessary?